Edit on GitHub
First, let's quickly check your development environment. You will need to have the following set up to generate and deploy your awesome Electrode app in under five minutes:
For Development On Your Local machine #
- Install the latest NodeJS LTS binary in your machine. (at least v4.2 required).
- Recommend a tool like nvm for managing NodeJS installations.
- Install latest (v3) of npm with
npm install -g npm.
- Note: NodeJS v6.x already comes with npm@3 by default.
- Electrode requires npm version >= 3
- Install Gulp with
npm install -g gulp-cli.
- The text editor of your choice downloaded with CLI tools installed.
We write NodeJS code with ES6 features that NodeJS >= 4.2 supports.
For Online Deployments #
Ready? Let's build.